India is a leader in cardiac surgery, having been at the forefront of cutting-edge medical procedures since the early 20th century. Here are seven interesting facts about cardiac surgery in India:
- India has the world’s largest number of qualified cardiac surgeons and cardiac technicians, with more than 650,000 professionals in the field.
- The number of cardiac surgeries performed in India has risen dramatically in the last few decades, with more than two million surgeries annually.
- India is the first country to develop a fully automated robotic surgery system for cardiac surgery, paving the way for more precision and accuracy in operations.
- India is home to some of the world’s most sophisticated cardiac care centers, including the Narayana Health Center in Bangalore and the Fortis Escorts Heart Institute in Delhi.
- India is home to some of the world’s best cardiac surgeons and has produced some of the most renowned cardiac specialists in the world, such as Dr. Devi Shetty and Dr. Naresh Trehan.
- India is a leader in research and innovation in cardiac surgery and is home to several world-leading institutions, such as the Institute of Cardiovascular Sciences at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences in Delhi.
- The cost of cardiac surgery in India is much lower than in other countries, making it an attractive option for those seeking affordable care. See more